Employment Position Available
||Shorehaven Behavioral Health
|Title of Position and Supervisor
||Title: In-Home Second Therapist
Also titled In-Home Second Therapist/Case Manager
Administrative Supervisor: Director of In Home Services
Clinical Case Supervisor: There are three kinds of supervision for this position. A) Primary (Lead) Therapist for each clinical case. B) Licensure Supervisor for your profession. C) If the case is United Behavioral Health, also the UBH Clinical Supervisor.
|Assigned Organizational Unit (e.g., department)
||In-Home Services Program
|Job Overview and Classification
- This is an exempt position which may be salaried or commissioned, full or part time.
- The full time In-Home Second Therapist provides 28-40 BILLABLE hours of psychotherapy and/or family therapy for seriously emotionally disturbed [SED] children and adolescents and their families in the home, or a combination of therapy and case management [UBH program] Part time is a minimum of 15 treatment hours per week. Billed travel hours are included in the total billable hours.
- The Therapist uses up-to-date skills in individual and family therapy. The Therapist will educate families and modify family systems. The Therapist will develop resources for families and will work closely with many family resources in the eco-system of each family in order to develop
- a more functional ecosystem within the family and surrounding the family,
- more functional intrapsychic, attachment, affective, behavioral, and cognitive systems within the child,
- a positive awareness for SBH with POs, MDs, Special Education teachers, School Social Workers and Counselors, Assistant Principals, Care Managers, and others in the ecosystem in order facilitate referrals to SBH.
|Position qualifications: (experience, skills, eduction, licence)
- Masters Degree in behavioral science or nursing or educational counseling. A person without a masters degree may not be considered after 1/1/10.
- Masters and 1000+ hours of experience in a program working with emotionally disturbed youth. If the candidate does not have a Masters degree, then 2000+ hours of experience in a program working with emotionally disturbed youth are required. (The latter 2000-hour provision will not apply after 1/1/10)
- Must have a car, a valid drivers license, and $100000/300000 auto insurance
- Must have malpractice insurance paid through Shorehaven
- Skills in family therapy are preferred. Family treatment training is optional, but helpful.
- AODA training is optional, but helpful
- Able to work independently within the guidelines of treatment plan
- Able to assess children and families for mental health and case management needs, including basic knowledge for making a psychodiagnosis.
|Major Duites and Responsibilities
- Provide in-home therapy [SED program] and/or case management [UBH program] 28-40 hours per week on the average (full time), although part-time employees are also welcome. Part time is an average minimum of 14 billable hours, so a minimum part-time commitment is about 20 hours per week.
- Maintain a high standard of care consistent with SBH standards, certification/licensing board standards, and the legal and ethical standards of the appropriate professional organization (AAMFT, ACA, APA, NASW). Even if you are not a member or qualified to join these organizations, you as a professional are bound by the code of the ethics of the profession.
- Apply knowledge of psychosocial practice and skill development for parenting skills, household tasks, budgeting, recreation, social skills
- Apply up-to-date treatment skills, follow through
- Accept clinical supervision from Lead Therapists on each case and from Consulting Psychologist and Licensure Supervisor.
- Complete files in timely, legible, thorough fashion
- Work closely with care coordinators, case workers
- Connect with physicians, POs, and other persons associated with the youth, both for coordination of care and for marketing the SBH in-home program
- Connect with educational institutions
- Bill for services in a complete and timely manner
- Willing to work a second shift (3:00-8:00) and possibly a Saturday schedule
- Develop skills in multi-systems therapy and the Wraparound philosophy
- Develop skills in trauma-informed care and philosophy
- Excellent communications with care mangers, team members, and others involved with cases
- Participate in clinical staffings and supervision
- Philosophy of continuous improvement
|Accountability and Benchmarks
||You are hired not merely to perform a job function, but because we believe your skills will make those job functions aneffective, integral, and important part of the growth of your department and SBH and contribute to the welfare of your colleagues, our patients, and the community.
You will be making a contribution to the profitability from which you and your team members will benefit.
Every duty and expectation is your contribution to the welfare of the entire team, the company, yourself, and the welfare of your clients.
Customers for Your Job Functions:
Clients to enhance the well-being, health, quality of life, and lifestyle functioning of clients
Referral Sources to think of SBH as the premier, go-to provider, to make their work easier because they know they can rely upon Shorehave
Supervisor to contribute to the department team as well as anyone can, to honor the wisdom and experience of your supervisors and consultants
Company maximize productivity and billable client hours, documentation is timely
Yourself work with us on your career development and your job-satisfaction to make this your long-term career job
|Assessment. For Case Management cases, schedule and complete screenings and assessment, thoroughly and competently Comprehensive screen for mental health problems, AODA problems, Family systems, etc.
||Benchmark: Each Assessment is thorough, with all paperwork completed within 48 hours, clients competently assessed
Data: Chart review
|Documentation. For Case Management Cases and SED cases (as directed by the Lead), contact professionals associated with the patient, with patients written permission; acquire past records; coordinate care. (i.e., Low level Case Management)
Procure and document all authorizations and reauthorizations for UBH cases.
With patient, complete treatment plan (UBH cases).
Document all contacts with and about the client and complete all required records in a timely manner, including discharge, following program policies.
|Benchmark: The case management is completed for eachcase.
Treatment plans are complete and reflect behavioral, thoughtful approach.
Authorizations are timely and there are no gaps in theauthorization dates.
Discharge client charts within 30 days of final appointment.
100% match between billing dates and documentation. Billing Logs are sent in weekly or more often and are accurate.
Data: Chart review. Billing log review.
|Clinical. Orient new patients to the treatment.
Provide individual and family counseling and case management to high professional standards of skill and
|Benchmark: 85% positive outcomes
Data: Discharge summary reviews.
Client satisfaction surveys.
Client outcome data
Evaluation by Supervisor and self-evaluation.
No complaints filed by clients.
|Consultation and Referral. Staff cases with program peer consultation team, PhD, MD, as appropriate to the case
Arrange psychiatric appointments for patients, as indicated.
Refer for additional or alternative services, as indicated.
Work collaboratively with supervisors and team members.
Transfer cases in ethical manner
|Benchmark: Staff all cases per Medicaid and DHS35/DHS75 standards.
Participate in team building, strategic planning, and assignments.
Data: Evaluation by Supervisor and self-evaluation.
Chart audit to verify Treatment Plan Record of Review forms
|Professional. Accept supervision from the Lead Therapists who work with you on your SED cases.
Maintain certifications, including completion of continuing education requirements.
Follow the requirements of program policy manual.
Set and follow through on learning goals
Progress on an certifications as expeditiously as possible.
Maintain a professional, collegial manner at all times.
Complete any required CEUs in timely manner
Develop skills and competencies.
|Benchmark: All licenses and certifications are renewed before expiration.
All continuing education requirements are met or exceeded.
Set and complete annual learning goals.
No ethical or professional complaints.
Data: Staff file audit.
Positive reviews by your Second Therapists.
Evaluation by Supervisor and self-evaluation.
Attend & contribute to staffings, peer review, departmental meetings, staff meetings
|Corporate and Programmatic. Assist in marketing and program development as directed by your supervisor. This is a job function.
||Benchmark: Contribute leads through contacts arising out of personal and case contacts.
Attend exhibits, meetings.
Go the extra mile to develop the program.
Data: Report of lead development.
Evaluation by Supervisor and self-evaluation.
Download this page as a PDF File
For more information, please see our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page.